Monday, September 3, 2018

Signs of Fall, Little by LIttle


Around here, we are really not ready for fall, since we like to stretch out the free days of summer as long as possible.



Skip the oppressive heat and humidity, however.  Those won't be missed even one iota when autumn arrives.

Once the calendar flips to September, fall or autumn's imminent arrival becomes more certain.

Little by little, I love taking out tablecloths, placemats, and other decor reminiscent of the season.

The photos in this post are of new fall-themed kitchen towels found at HomeGoods.  Love them as they are so cheery.

Today, the prettypink rose-covered wreath came off the front door, replaced with the fall leaves wreath.

Mums from the supermarket (good deal at two for $14) were planted in two pots on either side of the front stairs.

 
Now for an admittance-----the big pot near the second set of stairs was planted with silk flowers in profuse bloom.  


The only way one can tell they are not real is if one feels their silky petals. They look that real.  So there. 


That was a big yet colorful concession from someone who loves fresh flowers. 

WHAT DO YOU ABSOLUTELY LOVE ABOUT FALL?

4 comments:

diane stetson said...

I love fall in New England...It's my favorite time of the year there. Here where I live we really do not have "seasons" ..just pleasant weather all year round. Enjoy your new fall decorations.

Chatty Crone said...

Fall is my favorite season - I love everything about it. Take a photo of your two flowers! Love, sandie

Linda @ A La Carte said...

So many cute Fall items. I love all the fox themes!

Red Rose Alley said...

These towels in Fall colors are sweet, Susan. I'd love to see your door wreath and Mums planted. Mums always remind me of Fall and are my favorite Autumn flower. : )

To answer your question.....I love so many things about Fall - pumpkin patches, cool breezes, leaves starting to change, pumpkin goodies, Mums. It's just the best season to me! Happy September, Susan!

love, ~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails