Friday, October 19, 2018

Counting Our Blessings


"WHOOO" is grateful that autumn is here?

This little decorative owl is!

He was given by a dear friend who is always thinking of others.

All anyone has to do is look around on these lingering days of autumn to realize what immense blessings we have been given.

Flowers, in all seasons, are gifts to our senses.  Autumn's flowers are quite exquisite.


They delight since one knows that soon the harshest season of all will be upon us and flowers will not grow in the frozen earth.


So each sign of loveliness, each bright spot in the day, is something for which to give thanks.

Even coming across this heart-shaped stone evoked a feeling of gratitude. It was such a gift from nature.

 
LOOK AROUND YOU RIGHT NOW AND SHARE ONE THING FOR WHICH YOU ARE THANKFUL.






8 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

That owl is so darn cute. I've actually been buying quite a few little owl items lately.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm thankful for my snugly cat and the birds at the feeders this morning!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Cute owl. Lovely yellow mums.

Grateful the book I'm reading this weekend, Tell It Slant, by Brenda Miller. Lots of creative ideas for writing down one's memories/stories.

Happy Weekend, Susan!
Brenda xox

SImple and Serene Living said...

I'm thankful to be sitting here listening to James Taylor while I read some of my favorite blogs. xo Laura

diane stetson said...

I'm thankful today for the bright sunshine filtering through my windows and sliding glass doors, warm temps, gorgeous flowers all around. Love your little owl and your plants outside your house too.

Linda O'Connell said...

I am thankful for blog friends like YOU. I have been trying to sign on to Brenda @Its A Beautiful Life, but keep getting a pop up that this is a malware site. Disappointing.

Red Rose Alley said...

That is a sweet owl, Susan. And those mini Mums look pretty along the sides of your walkway. It's so special to find a heart-shaped rock. That's a keeper. : )

Have a wonderful week ahead.

love, ~Sheri

*I am thankful for my grandbabies. : )

Chatty Crone said...

My grandson is watching tv with me!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the flowers and the heart rock - cool!

Related Posts with Thumbnails