Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Happy Halloween to All!


May your Halloween be a happy one, with all treats and no tricks!

I am almost ready for the little trick or treaters.

It's a fun holiday that holds lots of happy memories from childhood.

We always dressed up in costumes, went trick or treating, and had a blast.


One year, an entourage of cats pulled Cinderella's pumpkin in the nighttime Halloween parade and I was one of the cats dressed all in black.

A very fresh boy behind me kept purposely stepping on my long tail.


I finally turned around and screamed for him to stop.  He did. That was one of the trials of being a kid.

Hope your holiday, if you celebrate it, is fun!

If you don't celebrate it, I still wish you a nice Halloween.

WHAT, IF ANYTHING, IS YOUR FAVORITE PART OF HALLOWEEN?

7 comments:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

As a kid, I used to love our parties at school. Everyone would dress up for the day. Each class would parade around to the other classes to show off our costumes. (My mom made a nurse costume for me, and once I was a princess). Afterwards, we'd have refreshments of cupcakes, cookies, and treats. Maybe even candy apples. I used to love the molasses twists.

Now we love to see the little ones coming to the door all dressed up. Last year, our neighbour's little one (about 2) stood around being cute and quiet. But when we handed him boxes of smarties, he lit up like a Christmas tree. I don't think he really know what to expect yet, we were probably the first house. We hope Smarties are still are his favourites this year as we're stocked up just for him.

Wishing you a sweet time...
Brenda xox

TARYTERRE said...

what precious memories. happy halloween to you.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Seeing my Grandkids in their costumes! Always fun!

Red Rose Alley said...

I like your friendly ghost decoration in your Mums, Susan. And the trunk is so cool, and just right to put Halloween goodies on. Do you have that out all year long? I haven't seen an old trunk like that in a long time. Your porch looks charming with the pumpkins, and I liked your "cat" story. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I like seeing what YOU are going to be each year..ha ha .

Chatty Crone said...

I wish you a wonderful Halloween too - I really like to see the hype and get excited over the costumes and candy! lol

Related Posts with Thumbnails