Sunday, October 28, 2018

Union Station in Denver, Colorado


Historical landmarks can be quite fascinating.



One in Denver, Colorado, is Union Station.

It has undergone a huge renovation and is a "happening" place.


It's a great place to visit and we were blessed to do just that during a recent trip to Colorado.

Originally called Union Depot, it opened in May of 1881 at a cost of $525,000, according to the Union Station website. 


It also notes the following:

"This building served as a connecting line to the Transcontinental Railroad through Cheyenne, Wyoming. It allowed the city of Denver to expand significantly, growing from 5,000 people pre-1881 to 50,000 just a few years later."


Another day we will tell you about our lunch at Snooze, a great restaurant with several locations, including one at Union Station.

WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE HISTORICAL PLACES TO VISIT?

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Every town I visit, I always look for the historic buildings. Not sure if I've been to Union Station, though I've been to Denver many times.

diane stetson said...

oh I have so many I just can't begin to name them all. I LOVE historic places especially the ones in European countries that I've been to..ok I'll tell you one of them that I LOVED on my travels...the place where Saint Pope John lived in Poland.

Chatty Crone said...

I loved seeing Union Station there - it is gorgeous. Very classy. I am trying to think of a historic place here - Stone Mountain and the Civil Way is what I come up with.

Related Posts with Thumbnails