Tuesday, December 4, 2018

A Touch of Whimsy


In a second hand shop several years ago, a little "mirrored" pond with teeny tiny penguins came to my attention.

The store proprietor must have noticed the delight on my face, looking at these bitsy creatures.

She wound up a key on the bottom and a Christmas song began.

Much to my utter delight, the little penguins, about as big as thumb nails, began to spin around on the "mirrored"  ice. They were talented ice-skaters!

What a total thrill it was to see this darling scene.

That year, (like most---ha ha),  money was really tight but I wanted that penguin pond with all my heart.

The store proprietor dropped the price a few bucks and the penguins were mine!

They come out yearly because the ice-skating penguins are among my favorite Christmas decorations.


NAME ONE THING YOU KNOW ABOUT PENGUINS?  WILL YOU?

6 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

PENGUINS are sweet. i love these ice skating ones of yours. too cute for words.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Super sweet! Who doesn't love a penguin? I know that males incubate the eggs and the female takes over after they've hatched.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a delightful little Christmas decoration. I'm glad the owner marked the price down, as you wanted it so badly. Penguins are the cutest fellows. I love their tuxedo-like appearance. They are very distinguished, but sweet at the same time. : )

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

I know they like it cold! The woman above took mine where the males sits on the egg. That is really cute and warms the heart when you see it - I am glad that he took some money off.

diane stetson said...

My son worked on a movie featuring penguins and we all just loved it. I also so March of the Penguins which taught me a lot about read ones. My son's was animated. I have a music box which features dancing ones also. Love it.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is the cutest thing! I know my oldest daughter use to love penguins so many a stuffed one was bought by yours truly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails