Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Hand-Painted Poinsettias


When friends and family members downsize, they often call me to give unwanted stuff.

I guess my reputation as a thrift store queen has gotten around.

One of my sisters who is an artist gave me dozens of household items when she downsized this year.

One of them is a half moon wooden piece she hand-painted with poinsettias.

It had a actually been discarded and I rescued it from the garbage truck!

This year, I used it above a doorway in the front hall. It looks so nice and festive.




DO YOU ENJOY POINSETTIAS AT CHRISTMAS-TIME?

5 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

this hand-painted piece with poinsettias is charming indeed.

diane stetson said...

Speaking of those flowers I had a couple outside from Christmas past and brought one in to put in my living room as it blossomed and looked beautiful for this Christmas season. It's still there looking majestic. Love them all year round at my house. The hand painted one is very pretty.

Linda O'Connell said...

What a warm holiday addition. I like it. Come visit my blog when you have time.

Chatty Crone said...

Susan - I love it - I have one, but it is a scene from Italy and I love mine!

Red Rose Alley said...

That's such a pretty hand-painted piece, and special that your sister painted it. Yes, I love poinsettias, especially at Christmas time. It looks nice above the door. I was wondering though, how do you secure it up there?

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails