Thursday, January 24, 2019

A Flowery Surprise


Poinsettias make stunning decorations at Christmas-time.

Church altars often have an abundance of red and white ones, around the holidays.



This month, the priest at our church surprised the parishioners when he announced they could help themselves to the poinsettias that had made the church so beautiful at Christmas. 

We were very surprised and thankful for that offer.






A majestic  white one appealed to me and hubs brought home one of each color.


We hope the lovely plants will live to bloom once again, if given care and love.


HAVE YOU EVER HAD POINSETTIAS THAT BLOOMED A SECOND TIME?

5 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I've never gotten mine to survive very long in a pot, but they make a great garden plant in warm climates. A friend in Louisiana had them as bushes along the path leading to her front door.

diane stetson said...

I have my last Christmas one from 2017 on my living room table still. It bloomed again for Christmas decorating in 2018. It was outside the entire year. So beautiful and much taller. Love it. It's a red one.

Chatty Crone said...

To be honest - I have no idea - but they are gorgeous. Nice of your church to do that. sandie

Linda O'Connell said...

What a lovely gift, and I know you will nurture them into rebloom.

Red Rose Alley said...

That white poinsettia is so pretty. I haven't seen them around at the stores here. That was really nice of the Priest to let the people take one home. It looks lovely on your entry table.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails