Saturday, January 5, 2019

January Surprise


Sometimes, in the dark days of winter, we need a little pick-me-up.

Living day after day with no sunshine wears upon the spirit.

This past week, on a trip to Trader Joe's, there were hyacinths and paper whites for sale.





Hyacinths are among my very favorite flowers.  

Their fragrance is pure heaven.

Paper whites, to me, smell lovely, too.

Each day I'd check to see how the little plants were coming along.


Today, they are blooming!  Yeah!
 (Hyacinth is at top of post.)


Oh! I forgot to tell you that when I got to the cash out register at Trader Joe's in Hadley, Massachusetts, the clerk told me the paper white was free!

Every so often, the store owner announces that a certain product is a gift to the customers.  Talk about great customer service, that was the icing on an already big and delicious cake. 

Hope your weekend is blessed.

WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE MID-WINTER FLOWERS?


5 comments:

diane stetson said...

Oh gosh that is a hard question. We have flowers all year round at our Trader Joe's as there is no winter. I guess the poinsettia is my favorite during the winter.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Those are so lovely. I got one last year and it bloomed but toppled over so not sure I'll get another one.

Chatty Crone said...

I did not know that about Trader Joe's. Will you plant it in your yard?

Linda O'Connell said...

What a nice gift of beauty.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

I love the smell of hyacinths too. How nice to get a surprise gift.
Liz

Related Posts with Thumbnails