Friday, January 4, 2019

Oh, You Beautiful Doll


Things we love in childhood remain with us forever.




At least I believe that.

My love for dolls as a child became my obsession as an adult.


Not a single day goes by when one of my "brood" of dolls fails to make me smile.

Long before Christmas buying for others began, I took a stroll in a thrift store.


It's what I call "recreational shopping." 

The most precious little lovie, dressed in my favorite color, pink, caught my eye.


Oh, this little delicate darling was a real beauty and looked quite Victorian.

She was less than $10.


Instantly, I was transformed into being child again.

The dolly came home with me that fateful day and she's made me happy ever since.



WHAT IS SOMETHING FROM YOUR OWN CHILDHOOD THAT STAYS WITH YOU TODAY?

7 comments:

diane stetson said...

Can't think of a single thing. I guess if I had to think of something it would be reading a book. Read many of those in my childhood and still do today.

Chatty Crone said...

Susan - she kind of reminds me of you! Beautiful from the outside in.

I still have my Posey doll from childhood. I have her dressed on a pillow and she reminds me of my childhood.

Merlesworld said...

I still have most of my childhood books and still read them every now and again.
Merle..........

Zacisze Lenki said...

A wonderful doll. You can fall in love with it.

TARYTERRE said...

what a charming little doll she is all decked out in pink. what a bargain too. since childhood i can't pass up a good book. my house is filled with them.

Linda O'Connell said...

Do you know that doll, pretty in pink bears a striking resemblance to you?

Red Rose Alley said...

She really is quite pretty, Susan, and has a sweet face. I can see why she came home with you that day. I have a few things from my childhood, but I can never give away my Barbie. I only had one growing up, but my mom made several different clothes for it, which I still have.

From one doll lover to another.....Happy New Year!

love, ~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails