Monday, January 28, 2019

Kindness Abounds


There are kind people everywhere who are lights in our lives.

Unfortunately, the "baddies" often get the press.

At a recent estate sale, the only thing that appealed was a red velvet heart-shaped box that, undoubtedly, once held chocolates.

When asked how much she wanted for the box, the lady holding the estate sale said, "Just take it."

Eureka!

The red velvet-covered box is now the backdrop for a reclining ceramic angel on the fireplace mantel.

The little angel makes me think of the real-life estate sale "angel" who was so kind and generous, restoring my faith, once again, in humankind!

TELL OF A RECENT ACT OF KINDNESS IN YOUR OWN LIFE, WILL YOU?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

Hosting two of my sisters for over two weeks and one longer than that.

Debbie said...

I am sitting here reading your post, and my sweet husband just warmed a throw by the fire, and laid it over my legs....he is such a kind soul.
Debbie
xo

Chatty Crone said...

Is that stitching on the edge of the box - nice.

My husband is going to a lot of work putting in a mirror that fell down a few days ago. A lot of work.

sandie

Red Rose Alley said...

I love that little reclining angel, Susan. That was nice of the lady to give you the velvet box.


*The girls send me pictures of the babies every week, and just got some of Mia and Francesca. It always makes my day. : )

~Sheri

TARYTERRE said...

love the pretty velvet heart box.

Related Posts with Thumbnails