Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Self-Care Is the Bomb


Women tend to take care of everyone-----friends, boyfriends, husbands, kids, parents, grandparents, and other family members, co-workers, and you name it, anyone else who needs a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on.

How many women stop frequently to take care of themselves?

A lot has been written about self-care in the past few years.

The advice can be life-changing.

The best expression about self-care is this:

"If you are not good for yourself, you cannot be good for anyone else."

It is not selfish to be kind and loving to one's self. It's therapeutic and beneficial to you as well as to everyone else with whom you come in contact.

A recent self-care solo outing was to Marshall's with a $25 gift card in hand---a wonderful Christmas present.

To stretch the amount of the gift certificate, I hit the clearance section first. 

 A teapot was on a "want" list. 


An aluminum one just happened to be there but its whistle-making part was broken, tucked inside the pot. 

However, it was half-price and quite nice-looking. 

It came home to me, hubs fixed the broken part "lickety split," and the teapot now sits on the stove, waiting to boil water for coffee or tea.


A heart-covered mug with a sweet saying along its inside rim also called my name. 


It would be so nice to sip morning coffee from that mug was the thought that went through my mind. 




The mug made the cut and was added to the basket.

Also purchased, for a whopping 99 cents, was a Marshall's bag with a great saying on each side.  Love it. 




What a great self-care excursion it turned out to be. 

While self-care certainly does not have to involve money or shopping, when it does, it's fun.

DO YOU FAITHFULLY PRACTICE FREQUENT SELF-CARE?

6 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

Women need this as a daily reminder, because we are so busy tending to others. I had a holiday wrapped facial scrub from Bath and Body Works, intended as a gift for someone who didn't show up for the holidays. I figured I'd put it in the closet and present it if she ever came to visit. Then I thought about how much I would enjoy that vanilla scented scrub. So I treated myself to facial and did something special for ME.

MORE snow heading our way.

TARYTERRE said...

a wonderful idea. self care is important indeed.

diane stetson said...

Oh yes I take good care of myself. I just went for a haircut yesterday and I'm scheduling a body massage for myself very soon. I'm not a shopper though so wouldn't do the same as you do. Enjoy your new finds.

Chatty Crone said...

Susan I have to admit for most of my life I have NOT taken care of myself. I would say the last year or so I have been doing much better. I am getting my sleep - taking naps. Saying no more often. Watching tv at night instead of working. Things like that. sandie

Linda O'Connell said...

you do have a heart full of gold!

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, these are three very special gifts for yourself, I love them all! Those bags with the words are so nice, and I'm glad your husband got your tea pot working. I haven't been to Marshall's in awhile. I'll have to take a trip there. The coffee cup was sure meant for you, as you certainly have a heart of gold.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails