Monday, January 7, 2019

Stargazer Lilies


When a few blooms can fill an entire room with fragrance, you know those flowers are winners.

Stargazer lilies do that, you know. Even when placed on a kitchen table, one can still sniff their loveliness upstairs.


Their fragrance is intensely intoxicating and in a pleasant way.

These spectacular flowers are show-stoppers. 

Even their name is heart-pounding, isn't it?  Star gazers.

Looking at deep pink stargazers, their blooms do, indeed, seem to be looking upward toward the stars.


This past weekend, when the need to do something nice for myself arose, I zipped to the supermarket in search of stargazer lilies.

A bouquet of these beauties was my reward.

So now there is a pink hyacinth and a tall, proud paper white on the kitchen , and the regal stargazers in a red vase on the kitchen table. 



WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FRAGRANT FLOWER?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

My favorite is the rose...any color...I love the fragrance of roses.

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh Susan you and I have so much in common - but the smell of flowers is not one of them. I do love flowers with all my heart and if I could I would have them every where and a hundred dogs, but my allergies just get so bad - I get so sick. You are lucky just in that. sandie

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

When I worked at the school, lilies were popular arrangements to be sent for different occasions. They usually smell good in the beginning but after awhile can really start to smell awful. I really like the smell of jasmine which is popular here. :)

Anonymous said...

I can smell them now!

Linda O'Connell said...

Wild lilac clusters do it for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails