Friday, February 22, 2019

A Rosy Winter Treat


Ahhhhhh, Valentine's Day is now a memory.

But some of the red roses received from hubs are still alive.


They spread their ruby beauty from a crystal vase on the kitchen table.

They are a joyous sight on a gray winter day.


It's important to fill our living spaces with beauty, don't you think?

I learned a lot about surrounding one's self with beauty from Alexandra Stoddard.



She's an interior designer and author of several books.

Whenever the bookshelves get weeded, her books remain. 

It's impossible to part with them, just as it's impossible to part with the sweet roses, until they sigh their last breath of life.


WHAT DO YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU SEE A ROSE?

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

Oh I love roses but they don't last long at all. I'm surprised that yours are still good after a full week. I love all colors of roses. I do not buy them for myself but I've gotten tons of them from school events that I directed. When I see a rose it reminds me of those events.

Kit said...

It's wonderful scent! And how much I look forward to my pink roses blooming come summer. :) Kit

Chatty Crone said...

When I think of a rose - I definitely think of you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails