Monday, February 25, 2019

Fresh Eggs Are the Best!


People who love eggs certainly have a variety from which to choose at the supermarket.

There are a lot of really good eggs for sale, including organic.


However, nothing beats fresh eggs, just a few hours  old!

Even the yolks of eggs that will never see the inside of a supermarket are brighter and more orange than the pale yellow yolks of bought eggs.

Even some of the outsides come in different shades.



Luckily, a dear niece of mine, Amy, and her hubs, have chickens in their backyard.  

One can hear the dear hens cackling when the car drives in.




  My niece and her hubs give us some of those fabulous eggs from time to time and we are extremely grateful for their kindness and generosity.

This past weekend after picking up some fresh eggs, only hours old, I gave them a gentle bath since some still had bits of hay (and other material) sticking to them.

The hay and so forth don't bother me a bit because they are proof the eggs came very recently from their mamas.



They don't even require refrigeration and are now a nice, pleasing sight on the back of the kitchen stove.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO EAT EGGS?

6 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

My friend used to go out to the farm and purchase a whole flat of fresh eggs. Nothing like them as far as taste. Enjoy your day.

TARYTERRE said...

a wonderful way to enjoy eggs. the fresher the better.

Chatty Crone said...

I have never ever eaten a fresh egg like that - I know a lot of people do!

Red Rose Alley said...

I heard eggs straight from the chickens taste the best. My sister used to have fresh eggs all the time. That's so nice of your niece to give you some of her eggs. It's funny cause I just made a fried egg. I think those are my favorite with a piece of toast. Fresh eggs like this remind me of the pioneer days. I wish we could have them every day.

~Sheri

*thank you for your wonderful comment about Francesca. Being a grandma sure is special.

diane stetson said...

I would love to try those fresh eggs. I like eggs BENEDICT the best.

Laurel Wood said...

Hi Susan, You might remember me from many years ago and a different blog (Mildred, Georgia). I saw your comment on Sheri (Red Rose) blog and thought I would say hi. These eggs are so beautifully displayed. I remember picking up fresh eggs with my grandma when I was a child. She would make the most delicious pound cakes. Sending wishes for a delightful day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails