Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Good to Be Alive


Trails of small footprints in the snow indicated there had been overnight visitors to the backyard.

They were not the footprints of humans.


On a recent afternoon, during unseasonably warm weather for these parts in March (in the 40s), I skipped out to the back porch and luxuriated in soaking up some rays of the afternoon sun.


 
The wind chimes and drips from melting snow provided soothing background music.


Contentment and peace filled my heart.


It felt so good to be alive.


Even though the backyard fountain remained shrouded in protective dark plastic, hope of spring undulated in the air.


WHAT MAKES YOU GRATEFUL TO BE ALIVE?

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I have never had trouble seeing your photos before but I can't see them today.

I think you are a very grateful person and I am glad you are my friend.

TARYTERRE said...

nothing like being outside in the cool brisk air of a winter afternoon to conjure up ideas of spring.

diane stetson said...

We don't have your kind of winter weather here but we've had tons of rain this year. I love looking out at the green hills instead of brown hills and the plants growing so tall and finally green grass in my yard. Loved hearing the rain pitter patter outside my window and I'm looking forward to spring next week. Very happy to be alive.

Red Rose Alley said...

I wonder what critter made its footprints there, Susan. Your backyard is like a winter wonderland. It's so nice to hear that you are grateful for the seasons. The sun shining through must have felt good with all that cold, and listening to the wind chimes, even better. : )

Thanks for the lovely pictures today, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails