Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Lilacs?


It seems the time for lilacs is far, far away.

Their fragrance and incredible range of colors touch the heart.


So when silk lilacs showed up for sale in the Dollar Tree, the thought came that they would be a great replacement until the real lilacs bloom.

They look so pretty in a dark green vase near a crystal dish and doily with wooden Polish Easter eggs.

  At least one can imagine the scent.


The silk lilacs will be safely put away when the real ones come into bloom and we can smell their intoxicating fragrance once again.

WHAT DO LILACS MAKE YOU THINK OF?

6 comments:

diane stetson said...

I love lilacs and we do not have them where I live. They remind me of my childhood as our neighbor had a row of those bushes on the side yard . The smell is just gorgeous. Wish I could grow them here but they need a cooler climate.

Chatty Crone said...

Susan, I went to the Dollar Store and bought 12 of them - well not 12 of the same, but those and a purple blend - I am going to put them on my mom and brother's grave. They are beautiful! sandie

Red Rose Alley said...

Your silk lilacs are so pretty, Susan, and look very real. The green vase is a nice contrast. And I see you put out your wooden eggs. I've always liked those. It's funny cause I was just thinking how much I love Purple for Easter décor, and then I see these beautiful lilacs.

Thank you for putting my son on your prayer list. I appreciate that very much. He is at home now and healing and doing better. We never know when things like this will come upon us, and we just have to deal with it the best we can. I'm blessed with blog friends like you who are always there when we need them the most.

love, ~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

Lilac bushes, ahhh the most delightful calm-and-happiness-inducing fragrance I know.

Terra said...

Lilacs remind me of our family home in Wisconsin; we had 3 lilacs, one white, one deep purple and one lilac color. They were 8 feet tall and are still there. I planted one a couple years ago here in California and it has flower buds, yay.

TARYTERRE said...

lilacs smell delightful. yours are so pretty you'd think they were real.

Related Posts with Thumbnails