Thursday, March 21, 2019

Welcome to Spring


Everyone around these parts is waiting, as patiently as possible, for the warm weather of spring.

Rain and snow are still being forecast in the weather reports.

Gray skies have not yet been replaced by blue with fluffy white clouds.

However, a rather regal, sophisticated bunny lady welcomes the arrival of spring that was noted on the calendar.

She's on a downstairs counter.



  Bunny girl was a yard sale find a few years ago.

She daintily holds up one side of her skirt.

Her face, while unsmiling, kind of looks like a lot of faces of people who are waiting for bad weather to go away-----far away.



Seeing this little 14-inch bunny helps bring smiles and hope for warm spring weather and  then Easter. 

WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU LOOK FORWARD TO IN SPRING?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

NO MORE RAIN...WE'VE HAD WAY TOO MUCH THIS WINTER. TIME FOR DRY WEATHER.

Chatty Crone said...

It is the first day of spring this week and we are almost in summer.

She likes like a Scarlet O'Hare bunny.

Linda O'Connell said...

I am so ready for warmth. I am ready to release my tootsies. Once I go into my flip flops and sandals, I do not like to go back into tennis shoes. Your bunny girl feels like I do. Come on SPRING.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

First thing in Spring? I have several, here are three:

-The earlier light in the mornings.
-Being able to open the windows and hear the birds.
-Going for a walk without worrying about snow and wind.

Red Rose Alley said...

She DOES look regal looking! That yellow butterfly at the bottom of her dress sweet. You always find the cutest things at yard sales and thrift shops, Susan.

Well, the first thing I look forward to in Spring is the pink blossom trees showing up on all the streets in my town. But we've had rain, so the blossoms are already starting to drop. They really are pretty.

I hope the warm weather arrives soon, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails