Saturday, March 23, 2019

Greeting Cards Show Love and Thoughtfulness


It's always nice to be remembered. 

Regular readers of this blog know how much holiday greeting cards are appreciated and loved at our house.

Sending them also brings joy.


Are greeting cards becoming a thing of the past?

Young people are often wayyyyyy too busy to think of sending out cards.

No matter how busy it gets, it's still enjoyable to  send and receive them for every holiday and Easter is hardly an exception.
                                                                    (Card made by my dear friend, Jana)

Luckily, greeting cards around here are saved from year-to-year and reading their messages and short, hand-written notes from the senders never get old.

This year, the Easter card rack is on a counter in the tiny downstairs bathroom because there wasn't any room left on the front hall table!


WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF GREETING CARDS?  LIKE THEM OR DITCH THEM?

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Susan do you save every card you have ever gotten? I am mixed on cards. The stamps are expensive and people do trash them. Why not send an email - you are still thinking of a friend!!! I don't know. sandie

Linda O'Connell said...

I have every card I have ever received, and also treasure them. That card holder is s great idea and looks good with the bun buns.

diane stetson said...

I love greeting cards. Save them for about a year and then I do discard some of them. I keep a lot that are from my own children even though they are adults now. My daughter still always sends me a greeting card for all holidays. I get my cards now at the dollar store as they are lovely and cards are so expensive everywhere.

TARYTERRE said...

i'm a big card person but the price is getting costly. we've started to take pictures of the sentiment and text them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails