Monday, April 1, 2019

Celebrate!


Birthdays are very, very special occasions.

Everyone, from babies to the elderly, and all in between, should have their birthdays celebrated.

It's important to acknowledge that each life is unique, precious, and appreciated.



Hubs had a birthday recently.  

He is from a tropical country. (How did he ever end up in New England with its freezing temperatures in the long winters? ha ha)

Our daughter made his jungle-like birthday cake, complete with palm trees, cows, a crocodile, and a lizard, (all remembrances of his childhood).


There was even a hammock with a figure of the birthday boy inside! Amazing!

The cake was quite spectacular.

The big celebration made the birthday boy feel very loved and lucky, indeed.

HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR BIRTHDAY CELEBRATED?

8 comments:

Linda O'Connell said...

What a fabulous cake! happy birthday tot he big guy. I know he loved it!

TARYTERRE said...

happy belated birthday to your husband. the cake was awesome.

allisamazing said...

What a wonderful cake. I love to celebrate and birthdays are always extra special!

Chatty Crone said...

Susan - when you said birthday and cake I had no idea. That was one of the nicest and most spectacular cakes I have ever ever seen - your daughter did that? She must love her dad very, very much! I love it.

Clipping Path Service said...


This was a really great post! This post was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!!

diane stetson said...

Wow that was a wonderful cake. Your daughter sure did make her Dad special that day. I wish I was there to celebrate with you and have a piece of it. I like to eat out on my birthday at a favorite restaurant with family.

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Birthday to your husband, Susan. What an awesome birthday cake! And made special by your daughter in a jungle theme. It looks delicious. That little hammock is cute, and it sure would be nice to lay in one right now. : )

Yes, birthdays are special, and do you know Jess likes to celebrate her birthday all week? haha

Happy April days, Susan!

~Sheri

Laurel Wood said...

That cake is truly a work of HEART!
When I was a little girl, my mom always made me a Lemon Cheese cake....white layers with lemon filling and a buttercream frosting. Years after she passed away, her hand-written recipe fell out of a book and I treasure that so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails