Monday, April 8, 2019

The Gorgeous Gardenia


Gardenias have one of the most beautiful scents in the flower world.


It can literally fill a room.

The creamy white flowers are equally stunning.

My Mom had gardenias in her bridal bouquet.

Unfortunately, gardenias have been almost impossible for me to keep alive.


Having just about given up on them, I spotted a gorgeous one at Trader Joe's last week and succumbed.

It's on a kitchen counter where it can get snatches of sun.

It's full, lovely, and filled with healthy-looking deep green leaves and buds that are supposed to turn into gorgeous flowers.



Ohhhhhhh, it is my greatest hope to keep this beauty alive until show time.

ANY TIPS ON SUCCESSFULLY KEEPING GARDENIAS ALIVE?

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

We had a gardenia bush at our old house, and every time I passed by, it had the sweetest scent. One of the prettiest scented flowers I think. I do hope your Gardenia plant lasts until Easter. I thought they were be an outside plant, cause all the gardenias I've ever seen were outside. But not sure. Can't wait to see the lovely white blooms.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

Never had those kinds of flowers but I do remember Mom had them in her wedding. I know they are supposed to smell gorgeous. Hope yours last a long time.

Laurel Wood said...

Best wishes with your plant. We moved one month ago and I really hated to leave our gardenia bush but it was too large to try to move. It truly has the best fragrance.

Related Posts with Thumbnails