Saturday, June 1, 2019

Collecting Cobalt Blue Glass


Cobalt blue glass is pleasing to the eye.


For many years, the color blue was unappealing to me.

My color faves were pink, purple, passionate red, and anything else that sizzled.

Then, I had a change of heart, or rather, of color, when it came to cobalt blue.


Now, the kitchen is done in blue and yellow. 



One of my sisters, who was downsizing, gave me her entire cobalt blue glass collection.

Several pieces are in a small kitchen window.



More are in a bigger window in the pantry.

And still more are safely packed in a box in the attic, awaiting the day when we move to a mansion and have a ton of windows. (hee hee)


Cobalt blue soothes.



WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLORED GLASS AND WHY?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

Oh I know someone you can leave this collection to...my daughter ...she LOVES cobalt blue glass. I do not collect glass at my house...I'm in earthquake country.

Chatty Crone said...

Gee that is hard - every time you put out a different color I like it. I guess my two favorites is this cobalt blue and the cranberry. Why - hmmm - Those colors relax me? I just think they are pretty.

Linda O'Connell said...

I like pink but also cobalt blue. Any colored glass makes me feel happy.

SImple and Serene Living said...

Blue is my favorite. These are wonderful pieces. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

Your blue cobalt looks beautiful on your kitchen window with the lace curtains. I especially like that vase, it's gorgeous. I can see putting flowers in that for the Spring. What a nice cobalt glass collection from your sister.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails