Friday, May 31, 2019

The Gift of a Cousin


Most of us are given more material as well as non-material gifts than we could ever count in the course of a lifetime.

Having dear cousins is one of the most precious.


It's really a special blessing to have someone with whom one shares a history.

One of my very dearest cousins, Marianne, recently invited me to have supper in her beautiful home prior to going to a musical.

She has a magical touch when it comes to decorating.


It might be a pretty scarf put across the table, using china from a grandmother and mother-in-law who are no longer on earth,  or adding a little figurine playing a musical instrument that makes her table settings delightful.


She even incorporates some humor into her settings, such as the friendly little frog at the top of this post. 

He sat on a chair near the table where we dined, cheering us on!


My cousin can take the simplest object, like a teapot, and turn it into something beautiful, like a holder for johnny-jump-ups.


She's a good cook, too.

We had homemade shepherd's pie, steamed fresh green beans with butter, and croissants.




Everything was so yummy!



DO YOU HAVE SPECIAL COUSINS YOU LOVE TO SPEND TIME WITH?

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I have nieces and nephews. What was that chocolate dish in the first photo? lol

diane stetson said...

Sorry to say I live very far from all my cousins and never get to see them on a regular basis. I'm so glad you enjoyed your special dinner with Marianne.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice get together with your cousin, Susan. Everything looks lovely, and the shepherd's pie, green beans, and croissants look delicious. How special that she uses items from loved ones to surround her home. I love that little girl figurine. The tea pot is a creative idea. I'm supposed to have a "cousins" lunch soon, and looking forward to it. : )

~Sheri

SImple and Serene Living said...

I don't get much time with cousins, but I am always happy when I do see them. xo Laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails