Thursday, August 1, 2019

Oliver Had It Right....Food, Glorious Food


In the musical "Oliver,"  one of the most fun songs was titled "Food, Glorious Food."

During excursions to different places, most people look forward to eating out.

In Bennington, Vermont recently, we had a really delicious taco at a place called Cilantro.  


Because dinner at night had been carefully planned in advance, lunch had to be light.

Our tacos were delicious and very fresh-tasting.

On the way back to the car, we saw fresh herbs and other plants growing behind the restaurant.  

If it belonged to Cilantro, no wonder everything tasted fresh.


Dinner was at Allegro, an Italian restaurant, and merited the restaurant's multi-star ratings.

I had scallop fettuccine (and a bite of hub's steak. ha ha)


Hubs had a hangar steak and sweet potatoes.


On the way home, a stop at the Apple Barn revealed they had "maple soft  serve" ice-cream.

We each had a cone and believe me, it was one of the most delicious treats of a lifetime and I've been around the block quite a few times.

Its sweet "yumminess" lived up to the word "JOY" that was on the cone wrapper.


So Oliver was right.  Food, glorious food , in moderation, of course, is something to look forward to in life. (It's pretty hard to keep it in moderation though, don't you think?)


DO YOU LIKE TO TRY NEW DISHES WHEN YOU ARE IN A NEW PLACE?

7 comments:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Those food photos make my mouth water. And that maple ice cream cone, how perfect for a summer evening's dessert.

I'm with Oliver when he sang "Food, Glorious Food". So grateful for our taste buds and all we have at our disposal to enjoy.

Wishing you a beautiful day, Susan.
Brenda xox

Chatty Crone said...

That first photo of food looks so delicious! And I know you had fun seeing the play - we don't have any thing locally - we would have to go downtown and it would cost a fortune! You are lucky to have things like that. Sandie

diane stetson said...

I don't have money to eat out often but I enjoy it. I am a bit fussy now that I'm older and have to chose my food more carefully. I would have LOVED the maple ice cream cone. Maple Walnut was always my favorite ice cream and they don't have it where I live now.

Dianna said...

I want that taco! I'll have to try re-creating them sometime soon; they look perfect for summer. I like trying new foods when I'm away from home too. It's the first thing I think about when we plan a trip!

Linda O'Connell said...

Now I want supper and it is only 3:30. Everything looks yummy!

SImple and Serene Living said...

I'm all in on the food glorious food. :)

Red Rose Alley said...

All the food looks delicious, Susan. I am wondering if that ice cream is homemade? I'm not a fish lover, but your fettuccini looks so good. And the tacos sure do look Yummy. There's nothing like a good taco, is there? I like the "joy" wrapper on the cone. That says it all. : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails