Friday, August 2, 2019

Knick-Knack Rack Remodel


For quite some time now, the dark brown knick-knack rack on a kitchen wall has been unappealing.






Some items placed on it just disappeared against the brown background.

Soooooooo, it was time for a remodel.  



I chose spray paint in a kind of periwinkle blue color.

Additionally, because some of the nooks on the rack were so small, I removed some of the sides, making them bigger.


Chop, chop, and then spray spray and it all turned out great.


The contents of the knick-knack rack gets changed with each holiday.


Summertime is a little more challenging because there is no specific holiday after the Fourth of July.



So, there is a mise-mash of items in the rack's cubbies, some of which bring chuckles.


DO YOU HAVE A KNICK-KNACK RACK ANYWHERE IN YOUR HOUSE OR APARTMENT?

7 comments:

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love the color. Definitely makes your sweet collection pop. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Susan, I love this. And I smiled cause it's similar to the color of my cabinet that I have for the grandchildren. I think it looks so nice, and this color is really IN right now. I see it a lot when shopping, and it just looks charming. You have all your little collectibles displayed, and Jess would love it cause she loves small things. The white sheep really stands out against the blue, and I like the angel and snowbaby. So cute, Susan. You did a great job. Sometimes a little paint makes a big difference, huh?

~Sheri

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oooo... I love the periwinkle blue, it really shows off your trinkets and knick-knacks to good advantage. I really need me one of those. I have all sorts of little bits and pieces that I'm never really sure where to put them. Some are out on display on shelves, others are put away for when I find them as I clean and then I rearrange.

Back in 2016 hubby and I were on holiday. We stopped at the beautiful home of Charles Darwin "Down House". The house was lovely, the gardens were exquisite, but the one thing that really caught my attention was the room where some of his 'knick-knacks' were out on display, things like rocks and fossils and such that he'd collected on his nature journeys. I thought what a lovely way to display one's interests and collections.

I really must do something about that here at my house. You're an inspiration, Susan.

Hope you have a lovely weekend...
Brenda xox

diane stetson said...

Very pretty color to display your many knick- knacks. I am not a collector.

Chatty Crone said...

I love your nick knack cabinet - you know the truth is - I like the lamb - I don't think it disappeared in the back ground.

Linda O'Connell said...

This is really cute,and the color is perfect.

Kit said...

It looks wonderful! I love the new color. Yes, I have a few shelves with the largest in my kitchen which holds all my Rooster and Roses china. :) Have a great week! Kit

Related Posts with Thumbnails