Friday, July 26, 2019

Portrait of a Child and More


Whenever there is a stay at an inn or bed-and-breakfast establishment, checking out the decor is always part of the fun.


At the beautiful Four Chimneys Inn in Bennington, Vermont, a portrait of a gorgeous little girl caught my eye.

It hung on the wall at the top of the stairs leading to our room.


It was impossible not to wonder how old she was, who she was, and where she came from.


Four poster beds have always fascinated me so it was a great delight to find out our second floor room had one.


The bathroom was well lighted and pastel floral wallpaper on some of the walls made it bright and cheerful.


There were faux yellow flowers in the room, too, adding to the ambiance.


Imagine having that wonderful fireplace flickering and exuding warmth in the winter.



All photos in this post were taken at the Four Chimneys Inn and we remain grateful to the innkeepers for such a wonderful stay.

Lace n the French doors was so pretty.




WHERE WAS THE MOST MEMORABLE PLACE YOU EVER STAYED?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

A Castle in Ireland was my most memorable place that I have stayed. The interior was all refinished and the yards around it were magnificent. Many movie stars had stayed there and there were pictures of them in one of the rooms. I love to stay at different places just like you do.

Red Rose Alley said...

Ok, now I know we are soul sisters. I saw this portrait many years ago, and thought it was so beautiful, that I kept it in my files. I've been waiting for the right time to use it, maybe on a post. There's just something about her - so innocent, so sweet. Your room was charming, Susan, with the floral wallpaper and the yellow flowers. And I've always liked four poster beds too. : )

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

So do you think that portrait is of a real girl - she looks a little sad to me - that there is some pain behind her eyes.

I love that inn - I have never ever been to one.

The most fabulous place I stayed was in Alaska. It was a little condo - in the rocks over looking the sea. It was a gift to myself I will never forget.

Love, sandie

SImple and Serene Living said...

What a gorgeous place. I think the most memorable place I stayed was a B&B in Asheville NC where my daughter was married.

Linda O'Connell said...

We have an old mansion in our town owned by the historical society. They do holiday puppet shows. The portraits are like the one in your post. And they are of the original owner's children. I find them fascinating.

Related Posts with Thumbnails