Monday, July 29, 2019

Sunday Soliloquy


Sundays are usually sweet days.

At my stage of life, Sunday hours are free and one can plan to use them in whatever way one chooses.

After church and a social gathering this morning, I ventured into the backyard and put fresh water in the birdbath.



We can't have our feathered friends bathing in murky water, especially if some of them just want to sip it, right?

Then the fountain got refilled. The hot weather tends to evaporate the water.

Inside the kitchen, a bright, cheerful sun lit up a sill filled with cobalt blue pieces.


Nearby, a favorite tile on a lace-edged hankie held a special message.


"It's true," came the thought. "He does bless our home"  and gratitude overflowed in my heart.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO WITH YOUR SUNDAYS?

4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Every Sunday is a bit different. Today we went to church and the women's group put on a bake sale. I went yesterday to help receive goods and wrap them. We had so many it was wonderful to see the abundance of goodies. Today we sold after church. Then we came home had lunch. I started to work on my October District Book I have to make - so today is a church day.
Then tonight go out to eat.
Have a blessed day and I know your home is blessed.
sandie

SImple and Serene Living said...

I am relaxing right now. I have a very busy day tomorrow. xo Laura

Red Rose Alley said...

I go to Mass every Sunday, and then I usually like to spend time in nature. It brings me the peace I need to start a new week. I do love Sundays, one of my favorite days. : )

Your cobalt pieces are pretty, Susan. I really like the vase. : )

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I attend Mass in the morning and sometimes grocery shop in the afternoon...but mostly I rest on Sundays. I like to relax and read a book and bask in the central air conditioning when it's hot like it is today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails