Friday, October 25, 2019

Savoring Each Second...


Life is so transitory.

It sparkles and fills us with incredulous joy.

In the snap of the fingers, life can plunge us into darkness, loss, uncontrollable weeping.


Life is unpredictable.



We celebrate our childhood birthdays. We fall in love. Some of us marry.



Our days become a blur of activity----husband, kids, chores, bills to pay, work, meals to cook, clothes to wash,  and so on.

Before we know it, the kids are all grown up and we are getting older.

Life goes by in a flash.


How is it possible we are grandparents? Yikers. Where did the time go?

No need to answer that question.  There are simply no answers.



The most important thing is to take one moment at a time and appreciate that moment as if it were a priceless jewel.

Be kind. Be loving. Focus on the positive in life.  And, most of all, be forgiving.

WHAT HELPS YOU STAY IN THE MOMENT AND NOT WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE?

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I think I have to say in times of stress I try deep breathing exercises. Love your photos.

nothoughtsnoprayersnonothing said...

I try to be giving and forgiving.

SImple and Serene Living said...

You are absolutely right, Susan. as we get older I think that we realize more how important each moment is. xo Laura

diane stetson said...

I do not stress as much as I did when I was younger. I am much more resilient in my old age...I know I can only do so much and no longer feel like I need to control everything.

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, time goes by fast, Susan, and what a wonderful reminder to take one moment at a time and appreciate that moment. Such a beautiful post. I loved everything about it.

Have a very nice weekend, precious friend.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails