Thursday, November 7, 2019

All's Well, That Ends Well


It's time to rake the leaves in the yard and either bag them or leave them in a pile to enrich the soil.

Believe it or not, it's time to take up the leaves from the dollhouse yard, too.

Pretty soon it will be time to decorate for Christmas so the leaves and fall decor have to go.


After several years of smiles and good use, I decided to let the scarecrow kids go.

One little fella had lost a button eye and all of them were starting to get pretty rat-a-tat.

 

Put them on a strip of grass in front of our house.

My thought process was, "If nobody takes them, I'll keep them one more year."

After several peeks outside, to check on them, they disappeared.

They now have a new home with an unknown owner. 

Bye, sweet scarecrow kids.

Sometimes it's important to say goodbye to the old in order to say hello to the new.

DO YOU HAVE A HARD TIME PARTING WITH THINGS YOU HAVE LOVED?

6 comments:

SImple and Serene Living said...

I don't have as hard of a time as I used to, but space is at a premium in my apartment so I have learned to let go. xo Laura

Chatty Crone said...

You know I think we are different about saving - I don't keep a lot - and I am not saying that is good - just different - so when i save something - it is really pretty valuable to me and I will probably die with it - let the kids go though it - lol.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Aww...goodbye, sweet scarecrow children.

Yes, I do have a harder time to let go of things that I once loved. If I'm in the right frame of mind, it's easier, but if I'm nostalgic, I might as well pack it away for another day, either to use again or to try and give away next time.

I have also said a little thank you or a blessing to those items I am now ready to let go of. That for some reason helps me to give them away with less heart pangs.

Wishing you a beautiful November, Susan!
Brenda xox

diane stetson said...

My goal is to clean my garage and clean my closets and throw stuff out I've had for years...I just can't seem to start that project...ha ha ha.

TARYTERRE said...

glad the scarecrow kids have found a new home. can't wait to see the dollhouse all decked out for Christmas.

Linda O'Connell said...

Doll house set up has to be one of the most fun hobbies.
A new season is here, and I say, "Let the cooking commence!"

Related Posts with Thumbnails