Sunday, November 24, 2019

Wishing You a Gentle Sunday


Most people rarely think about the word "gentle."

It doesn't come up frequently in conversation.

It's a soft, lovely word and evokes peaceful feelings.

One of the kindest things someone once said to me was, "Be gentle with yourself."

If you are anything like me, you are very often very hard on yourself.

It's so much kinder and loving to be gentle with yourself.

The busy seasons of Thanksgiving and then Christmas are upon us.

While absolutely wonderful, the hustle and bustle and all that has to be done can be very stressful and unnerve us.

We have to stop and be gentle with ourselves.

Today, no matter where you are, I wish you a gentle Sunday.


NAME ONE THING YOU DO FOR SELF-CARE, WOULD YOU?

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I like the word gentle and I know what you are talking about - I like gentle days - when things are relaxed and you can just breathe!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Gentleness ... one of those lovely fruits of the Spirit. Beautiful thoughts today, Susan. Thank you.

Right now I'm listening to some lovely piano music ... Beethoven's 5th Piano Concerto. Very gentle on the ears. Very beautiful.

Happy day,
Brenda xox

diane stetson said...

I love to listen to soft music, curl up in my green chair and read. That is always very calming and gentle for myself and I do it often...at least once a day.

Patti said...

Yeah, we are very rarely gentle with ourselves. We push ourselves harder and faster all the time, and our souls desperately yearn for gentleness. Oh, that we would heed the call!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a special post, Susan. The picture with the trees and the sun shining through is so peaceful. You know, gentle is one of my favorite words.

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving with lots of love and good foods. ; )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails