Saturday, November 23, 2019

Special Surprise Lunch


After a late morning Christmas shopping excursion to a different town, hubs asked about stopping somewhere for lunch.

Whoa doggie, talk about a great request. 



The car made a bee line for a very favorite restaurant, Freight Yard Pub.

 The hamburgers and soups there are absolutely delicious.

One can help one's self to popcorn, too.


The cream of chicken soup tasted quite delicious. 



The special treat cheeseburger ordered was beyond delicious, even with only half of the roll.



On the way out, it was worth a pause to look at all the pretty Village pieces decorating a table.


All in all, the day was a very great blessing which, of course, fills one's heart with gratitude.



WHAT WAS THE LAST THING THAT HAPPENED IN YOUR OWN LIFE THAT BROUGHT YOU GREAT JOY?


4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

That burger looks Yummy, Susan. There's nothing like a good burger. This looks like a nice restaurant. And the decorated village is charming for Christmas. I love that little popcorn cart too. ; )

Have a blessed weekend, Susan.

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

That looked like a great tasting burger - I can tell. Nice to go with your hubs. I like the popcorn too.
Okay going up and seeing Will was a big joy.

diane stetson said...

I had a bad experience at that place but glad yours was a good one. My burger was undercooked and not what I ordered.
The last thing I enjoyed was seeing my daughter sing with a band and get paid for it. She is so talented and I was very happy to see her using her vocal chops....

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

That burger looks so inviting. Glad you had such a lovely treat out with your hubby.

The last thing that brought joy? I've been re-reading Jan Karon's last two novels ... 'Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good' and 'To Be Where You Are'. I read them both when they first came out and so this was my second time through. I thoroughly enjoyed being back in Mitford, enjoying the goings in that place that feels so much like home. It felt like a reunion of good friends and family.

Wishing you a beautiful week ahead, Susan.
Brenda xox

Related Posts with Thumbnails