Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Be Gentle With Yourself


In these turbulent times, when news of American deaths from coronavirus keep coming at us like painful messages of doom,  it's important to be gentle with one's self.

It's true that we are in terribly difficult times.

This is a pandemic that most of us have never seen the likes of before and probably will never see again, thank God.

Then we hear of devastating shortages of medical equipment plus protective gear and masks for front line workers.

We are relegated to our homes while the economy spins out of control.

During all of this negativity, we need to S-T-0-P.

Turn off the television and ipods.
Interact with little kids if there are any in your house.

Be kind to whoever is sharing the stay-at-home order with you.

If you are alone, take good care of yourself.

Eat good quality food, exercise in some way, and find something to smile about.


Follow the rules. Stay safe. Stay healthy. STAY HOME.

NAME ONE WAY YOU CAN  BE KIND TO YOURSELF.


6 comments:

Walking the Bean said...

Thank you for these wonderful ways to take care of ourselves. I m a big believer in taking time out of the day to recharge. I used to be the one that worked non-stop and always felt guilty when I took a break. Now days, taking time for myself is essential and not optional.

~christopher

diane stetson said...

I exercise every day even though I do it in my house with a DVD. I make sure I get plenty of sunshine which uplifts me and I Zoom with my family. All of these measure help me take care of myself.

Red Rose Alley said...

I really appreciate your post today, Susan. This morning was hectic. Standing in line outside for an hour at Target just to get toilet paper, and shivering in the cold. But we have to be kind to ourselves and be gentle, like you said. So, now I'm home sipping on my coffee and reading my favorite blogs.

Take care, dear one.

~Sheri

Chatty Crone said...

I appreciate your post too. I tried to order groceries today - Walmart - to come pick up. Food. Got all the way through my list and the pick up and deliver was booked for two weeks!
Just gotta laugh.

Linda O'Connell said...

You are such an anchor to faith and trust and a gift to your readers.

SImple and Serene Living said...

I take time to meditate and exercise. There are videos on you tube for any kind of exercise you want to do, including silver sneakers. xo Laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails