Friday, July 3, 2020

Red, Red Rose


Red roses have got to be among the most exquisite of all flowers.

Their beauty defies description.


Luckily, this summer, hub's red rose bush is blooming profusely. 

Every day there seems to be a new beautiful bloom among the green leaves.

One day, after it rained, crystal clear drops on the red petals made them even more appealing.


One of my favorite of all time singers is the late Eva Cassidy.  

She died way too early in life but left a legacy of songs.


This is one she sang about "Red, Red Rose" that was found on YouTube. Hopefully you can find it by pressing this link.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e0D_B0tdc0



WHAT DO RED ROSES MAKE YOU THINK OF?

7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Easy peasy - GOD!

diane stetson said...

I always loved that poem by the Scottish poet ..Robbie Burns....nice to hear it with music. I like red roses ...they remind me of love.

Red Rose Alley said...

Susan, I saw your title, Red Red Rose and came right over. These photos of the red roses draping over the white railing are so pretty. I think you know how much I love red roses. I'm off to listen to the song now. Thank you for making me smile today, Susan. And Happy 4th of July, dear friend.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Susan, the poem A Red, Red Rose by Robert Burns is one of my favorites, so you can imagine how much I enjoyed this song. : )

Joyful said...

I've always loved red roses and yours are so pretty. I've never heard of the young singer so I went to listen. She had a very beautiful voice and I'm glad there is You Tube to preserve it for us to listen.

Linda O'Connell said...

Roses are delightful and brings long lasting pleasure.

Laurel Wood said...

Your husbands red roses are so beautiful. I also enjoyed the video you shared. My grandmother had a black iron fence that supported red roses when I was a child. I always enjoyed the sweet scent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails