Thursday, September 3, 2020

A Nip in the Morning Air

 

 At last!

The morning air in western Massachusetts is cool and refreshing.

The hot, sticky, clinging humidity that causes clothes to stick to one's body has lifted.

There is definitely the nip of autumn in the air.

There's still lots of lush greenery everywhere and skies are beautifully blue with frothy white clouds. 

Before making morning coffee the other day, I opened the kitchen door.

Bright sunshine flooded the through the backyard trees.

The air was chilly enough that the door got quickly closed again! ha!

September is one of my very favorite months. 

 WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MONTH?

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I know you said month so I will pick October. But seasons - fall, spring, winter, summer is my order! lol

diane stetson said...

Oh gosh here it will be close to one hundred degrees this weekend. The months of September and October are still quite warm where I live. I like all months of the year though. If I lived where you live I would choose October as I love the changing of the leaves.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I love September too, Susan. It's such a pleasant month.

Yaaaaay, I was able to comment, but the comment section reloaded about 5 times before doing so.

Wishing you sweet September days, dear friend.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

**I'd have to say May is my favorite month.....birthday and mother's day always close together. ; )

Franee said...

That's the best! Here in CT it's about the same. Sometimes a shock to tend to the chickens and the air is brisk and dewy. I love September, but also quite fond of November. Aside from rainy spring- I know I stand alone!
www.theartofhomegrown.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails