Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Summer Roll in Autumn

 Do you know the difference between a spring roll and a summer roll?

Just in case you don't, spring rolls, in Asian cuisine, are usually filled with veggies and deep fried. 

They come with a sweet sauce for dipping and they are delicious.

Summer rolls, however, are also very tasty and probably healthier than spring rolls.

 Summer rolls are filled with fresh veggies and some kind of seafood, like shrimp or imitation crab meat.

They are wrapped in almost transparent rice paper and are not fried.

Once, just once, I tried making them at home and it was definitely a disaster. 

I prefer to leave, forevermore, the making of summer rolls to the experts!

They come with a sweet sauce, too, but one can ask for peanut sauce instead. It's so, so yummy.

Summer rolls make a luscious, light lunch. 

They can usually be picked up in the Asian section of  a supermarket  deli.

HAVE YOU TRIED SUMMER ROLLS? IF YES, DO YOU LIKE THEM?

4 comments:

diane stetson said...

Yes I love spring rolls, summer rolls, and any Asian foods. Love egg rolls and so forth for an appetizer whenever I go to a restaurant. Yummy. Never tried making them myself though.

Linda O'Connell said...

No, I do not care for them, but my husband does. I love Asian sweet-sour chicken, though. Yum.

Chatty Crone said...

I have seen summer rolls on menu's - but honestly I did not know what they were - I wouldn't mind all veggies - no fish tho!

Joyful said...

One of my favourite snacks is a salad roll and when I go to Vietnamese restaurant I have them as an appy. My main dish often will include the the other. Heaven.

Related Posts with Thumbnails