Saturday, October 10, 2020

The Preciousness of Flowers

 

Flowers are among life's most precious gifts.

No matter how many times they have been given, it is thrilling to receive flowers.


 

 Each bouquet brings its own unique loveliness.

It 's always a little bit sad when flowers reach the end of their lives.


I like to pluck out any flower that's still living in a bouquet and place it in a smaller vase.



 The flowers in this post make me think of that song, "It's the Last Rose of Summer."

HAVE YOU HEARD THE SONG 'THE LAST ROSE OF SUMMER?'


8 comments:

agatek said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!
Beautiful photos :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Carnations! One of my favorites. Yes, they are a precious flower. I'll have to listen to the song "the last rose of Summer." You sure do get lots of flower bouquets from family and friends, Susan. So thoughtful and nice of them.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

Yes I have heard the song "The Last Rose of Summer" I sang it in ninth grade in a musical in which I had the leading role. Love that song. Enjoy all your lovely flowers while they last.

Chatty Crone said...

Personally I feel that flowers are a gift from God - He wants us to remember Him and see the beauty around us.

Nellie said...

“The Last Rose of Summer!” An old-fashioned song! I do the same, Susan. I will take flowers that still have life left in them and find a smaller vase for them. Sending special thoughts to you!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Yes, I've heard the last rose of summer song and poem. I plucked our beautiful Peace Rose's very last blossom earlier in the week and gave it to my neighbour two doors down. It was a beauty. And yes, I like to make any bouquet last as long as possible. It's always interesting to see which flower lasts the longest.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend, Susan.
Sending heart hugs and love,
Brenda xo

SImple and Serene Living said...

I really enjoyed the bouquets of zinnias I picked from my garden this summer. I am missing them. xo Laura

Linda O'Connell said...

My flowers are bidding farewell, but there are a few that still make me smile just to gaze at them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails