Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Thoughts of a Precious Child

 Children say the darnedest things.

Their thoughts are so charming and different from adults who have been around for awhile.

One Valentine's Day, a cup, with little red hearts all over it, came home with me.

There is, among the many red hearts on the cup, one single gold heart.

When a grandson saw the cup, he studied it.

Then, his little eyes focused in on the one, small gold heart.

"I'm the gold heart, Grammie," he said.  "That's my heart."

He calls attention to it every time he comes over.

For me, that little fellow is part of my heart!"

WHY ARE CHILDREN SO PRECIOUS?

5 comments:

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

I agree, that is just so precious. And to think that he is so aware that he is that precious to you! Wow! Out of the mouths of babes.

Heart hugs,
Brenda xo

Chatty Crone said...

Truthfully they have not been jaded by life yet...

diane stetson said...

Kids say the sweetest things. They tell it like it is. I love children of that age especially . My preschool classes were such favorites. Good for your grandson and YOU.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh Susan, I hope you keep this cup forever. There is a special story behind the cup that you will keep in your heart always. The sweetness of a child, what a beautiful thing.

~Sheri

Linda O'Connell said...

My grandma had a pair of plaster Dutch boy and girl plaques, which she said were me and my cousin, born a month apart. I now have them in my kitchen. A fond memory as your mug and golden heart will always be.

Related Posts with Thumbnails