Saturday, September 18, 2021

A Welcoming Porch

 The other day, a person delivering the mail told me my front porch fall decorations looked great.

The compliment meant so much to me.

Sometimes, one never knows if others even notice decorative touches but, apparently, they do!

The wreath with faux leaves and a bright orange ribbon,  on the front door, is old but still pretty.

 There's a wooden lantern, too, that gets turned on at dusk.

A dear high school friend, Patti, bought it at a yard sale and gave it to me.  

She has gone to the other side now and I miss her terribly but her lantern still lights up the nights!

The front porch autumn rug, shown at the very top of this post,  is so pretty.

Even the mail-to-go basket has some faux leaves adorning it.

 So the front porch here says "Welcome."   

Stop by whenever you can!

 DO YOU DECORATE FOR AUTUMN?

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, your front porch does say "welcome," Susan. I was actually going to do a front porch post on Monday. It's the first time I've really had a big front porch. Nothing fancy, but it's long so you can put lots of goodies on it. I only have one orange pumpkin so far haha.

I love that lantern that your friend gave you. It's not only pretty, but very special. And that white wicker chair is so charming. The Fall wreath on it really stands out. That was nice of the mail carrier to say such kind words about your front porch.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

Oh your porch looks lovely and all set for autumn. I'm sure you will get many more compliments on it from people who pass by. I just do not have a talent for decorating but you do.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Yes, I like to put a few autumnal things around the place but usually not until end of September, beginning of October (in prep for Canadian Thanksgiving in October). We're still enjoying some nice weather and our garden is still doing well - lots of flowers still blooming.

Susan, your own autumn decorations are looking rather splendid. It's so nice when people notice your efforts to spruce things up.

Wishing you a pleasant weekend,
Brenda xo

Kit said...

It all looks wonderful!! No wonder they told you. I love your wreath. I will start my decor on Oct. 1st. But it is feeling like fall here. Take care. Kit

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Always nice when someone notices our efforts and voices appreciation for them. That's a very pretty rug.

Related Posts with Thumbnails