Thursday, September 16, 2021

Autumn's Arrival

 


Autumn has slipped quietly into New England before its official calendar arrival date.

It seems like overnight, it gets darker at sundown.

 The air is cooler and exceedingly pleasant.

The air-conditioner has been switched to OFF (thank heavens).

The sun seems more golden and comfortable.

Inside the house, the wonderful fragrance of a spiced pumpkin Yankee candle fills the air. It's intoxicating.


 A Bird of Paradise, a rather exotic faux plant with huge orange "finger-pointing" flowers, adorns the kitchen table.

 It was actually a plant my late husband loved and never discarded.  So now it graces the table instead of the former mancave.  

His spirit remains with me, deep inside my heart.

This is such a magnificent season.  

 It goes by quickly though so it's imperative that every single moment be cherished and savored, like fine, expensive wine.

WHAT DO YOU DO TO CELEBRATE AUTUMN?

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

I celebrate cooler temps, warmer clothes, another blanket on my bed. I shut off the air conditioner and enjoy the sunshine through my sliding glass doors and windows. I love this time of year and it is especially nice in New England. I haven't been there in two years so will definitely go in 2022. Looking forward to it.

Linda O'Connell said...

The faux plant is Bird of Paradise. Fall is about to arrive in the Midwest, too. I'm ready.

diane stetson said...

WE have Birds of Paradise at the rec center in huge pots...at least 15 of them. They are gorgeous.

Red Rose Alley said...

I can almost smell your spiced pumpkin candle, Susan. I must get a new candle for Fall. They are so nice and cozy when we light them in the house. Your amber glass looks so pretty on the window sill. And your husband's plant is so special, and I'm sure it comforts you through this beautiful Autumn season.

~Sheri

Kit said...

To celebrate, I start baking again and eating lots of apples. We are starting to get our Fall chores done. I am loving the cooler days. Kit 🍁🍂💛

Related Posts with Thumbnails