Sunday, December 4, 2022

Music of the Angels

  

(Angel with a harp is a decoration in the home of a dear friend, Marilyn)

At last some of the Christmas CDs have been found.

After a major move, and a second on the way, it's a fact of life that hundreds of items remain packed away and are impossible to be found at this time.

Christmas cds are among the casualties but now a boxful of them has been discovered.

Truly, Christmas music is that of the angels.

As I zoom along in my car, the cd player fills the car interior with wonderful musical selections for Christmas by ...Il Divo, John Denver and the Muppets,  Willie Nelson, Josh Groban, Kathy Mattea, Elvis Presley, and on and on. 

All these cds are filled with soul-soothing music and give an immense amount of delight to the listener.

Christmas music is absolutely a gift and listening to some Christmas albums qualify as  the music of angels!

WHAT IS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS TUNES? PLEASE SHARE WITH US.

5 comments:

diane stetson said...

My favorite Christmas sons is O Holy Night. I love to go to hear live Christmas concerts. I will be in one on Friday night and I will go to three more this week. Thursday my grandson's band concert. Saturday the South Coast Singers concert and next Sunday the Festival Singers concert. Hurray for Christmas music.

Anonymous said...

I love Handel’s Messiah. Mary Did You Kniw and Breath of Heaven.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

O Holy Night is definitely my favorite. Used to listen to Christmas music a lot, mostly in the car on the way to school when the kids were little. Now I'm not in my car so much and rarely listen to music at home. Are you moving again?

Linda O'Connell said...

I love Oh Holy Night. I really love singing to the holiday music in my car.

Red Rose Alley said...

I'm so glad you found the box of Christmas CD's, Susan. That makes a big difference when we listen to our favorite carols, especially when driving along in town, or just getting a coffee or treat for ourselves during this wonderful season. I just turned the radio on in my car recently and they were playing Christmas music. I like some of the new songs, but the old traditional songs make my heart sing.....with Silent Night being my favorite. And Burl Ives Christmas music is the best! : )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails