Saturday, April 1, 2023

Palm Sunday and Rosary Beads from the Vatican Gift Shop



Today is Palm Sunday in many Christian churches.

Long fronds of palms are handed out to parishioners of Catholic churches.

My late husband used to make crosses out of them and hang them in our house. 

 The palms are blessed.


In Jesus' day, people waved the palms up and down when they were near Jesus as he came down the street.

It's a happy day of celebration.

Another thing to celebrate is a precious gift I received by a dear niece, Amy.

She and her family just returned from a trip to Italy.

She brought me a pair of rosary beads purchased in the Vatican gift shop.

They are a delicate pink color, my absolute favorite. 

Unfortunately, their beautiful color does not come through in  the photos in this post.

The rosary beads are quite beautiful.

I hung them around my statue of the Blessed Mother of Guadalupe that my late Mother gave to me.

How sweet, kind, and thoughtful that was, for Amy to think of her  auntie!

She is a gift in herself!

WHAT WAS THE LAST SPECIAL GIFT YOU RECEIVED?

1 comment:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, Susan, these Rosary beads are so special. I am heartbroken, cause Jess brought me back some purple Rosary beads from the Vatican, and with all the moves I've had in the last few years, they were lost. I hope to find them someday in a box or pouch somewhere. Coming from the Vatican, they are so wonderful. What a precious gift your niece, Any, gave you. They look beautiful dangling from your Mary statue. I smiled when you said your husband made Crosses from the palms. My kids used to do the same thing. : )

Have a peaceful day on Palm Sunday, dear Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails