Thursday, March 28, 2024

Getting Ready for Easter...

 

(This little bunny lives in the medicine cabinet year-round but comes out for Easter, residing on the kitchen knack knack rack.)

Easter Sunday is just a few days away.

This is Holy Week in the Christian preparation for Easter. 

It's a kind of sad week when thinking about the agonizing passion of Jesus Christ and his crucifixion.

However, it ends in His rising from the dead after three days which is celebrated on Easter Sunday.

It's always a busy week, too.  In the past, there was a lot of decorating. That's been very reduced in the past couple of transition years, since my beloved husband died.

There is still some grocery shopping, cooking, and baking to be done, all of which make it a busy week.

There are also church services to attend. 

As challenging as life, itself, can be, it's still good to be alive, right?

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT CELEBRATING HOLIDAYS AS YOU GET OLDER?

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Well, I love all the holidays, but since I've gotten older, it's not as excessive in my house as it used to be. And that's Ok with me. Our children are carrying on with the traditions they had when they were little and were passed down to them. And it pleases me to see these traditions are important to them today. Your golden bunny is so lovely, Susan, and so perfect for this Easter season. Have a very nice Holy Week, and know you are a beloved blog friend to me.

~Sheri

My Tata's Cottage said...

We still celebrate. We will do our annual brunch with our oldest sons family but two of our kids can not attend. Our girl with her husband and three month old son are in Western New York and Nick our youngest will be in Chicago and Pittsburgh til April 4. We will attend church Saturday evening. I still love all the memories of Easter as a child and teenager attended all the church services with our folks. Happy Easter to you. Enjoy this holy weekend.

diane stetson said...

I like to be with my family if possible and give the grandsons their See's chocolate bunnies and Easter cards. I attend all church services and sing with the choir so that makes it very special.

Related Posts with Thumbnails