Tuesday, March 26, 2024

A New Salad


In an ongoing effort to eat healthier, I tried my hand at making a new recipe that I came across for a salad.

The most challenging part of making it was roasting red peppers.  The oven got super hot.

Once the peppers were placed under the broiler and turned black, they had to be cooled. 

Once cooled, the black skins had to be peeled and the sloppy seeds inside the peppers had to be cleaned out and discarded.

The resulting sweet meat of the red peppers went into the refrigerator in a topped glass container.

When it came time to make the salad at last, some of the roasted peppers were placed on a plate.

Next came fresh feta cheese and then sliced olives stuffed with pimientos.

The salad tasted quite delicious.

Jarred roasted red peppers could have been used because they are available in supermarkets.

However, freshly roasted ones are much more delicious.

If you like roasted red peppers, feta cheese, and olives, this salad will make you happy!

2 comments:

diane stetson said...

The only change I would make would be that I'd use black olives as I LOVE those. I'll definitely use this salad.

Red Rose Alley said...

YUMMY SALAD! And it looks like you served it on the Pioneer Woman plate. I love her collection for the kitchen. ; )

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails