Sunday, March 24, 2024

Palm Sunday

Today Christians around the world celebrate Palm Sunday.

Long palms are given away at church services.  

My late husband always made little crosses out of them for our kids on this blessed day.

Now, my daughter makes them for her children.

I have one right on my bedroom dresser.

It is one week before Easter.

The week ahead, for Christians, is one of reliving the sorrow of Christ's suffering and dying on the cross.

Joy will be restored on Easter Sunday in recognition of Christ's rising from the dead.

By his act of sacrifice, He gave hope for our world.

May all of you, whether Christian or not, have a peaceful love-filled day today.


2 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

What a lovely post, Susan, and I love your Cross made out of palms. I remember you telling us that your husband used to make these Crosses at Easter. I have one with a rose in the middle, but it fell apart, so I have to repair it. Your little angel looks sweet with the bracelet around her neck. Little things we add to items are so heartwarming.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

A gal in my choir made me three gorgeous palm crosses to put on my things here at home. I like your crosses too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails