Monday, March 11, 2024

The Blessed Mother in Miniature




A very few decor items remain in one's possession for many decades of life.

The little "grotto" shown in this post is one of them for me.

My late husband and I purchased the item more than four decades ago.  

Sadly, I cannot remember which Central American country we bought it in. Perhaps when I go through old diaries before I die, that lost tidbit will be restored.

The wooden piece has two small doors that open up.

 Inside, a teeny tiny Lady of Guadalupe statue, about an inch and a half tall, has been placed.

One of my grandsons stood her on a small mound of clay because she kept falling out!  


 The grotto certainly needs a paint job but it's still adorable.

I love the little grotto with Mary and, like myself, I'm glad she has lasted all these years.

5 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

diane stetson said...

Oh what a very pretty little miniature. I have one like that too but it's not of Our lady of Guadelupe. I love it.

Red Rose Alley said...

That is beautiful, Susan. What a treasure your brought back from your travels to Central America. And the miniature statue of Mary is dear. How sweet of your grandson to place clay underneath to make sure she doesn't fall. This is something that you will cherish forever.

~Sheri

Anonymous said...

Ave Maria! May the grace of the Hail Mary prayer fill you with peace!

Related Posts with Thumbnails