Saturday, May 11, 2024

Flower Power

 


Flowers have the power to make instant smiles.

There's just something about seeing flowers in bloom that touches one's heart.

One afternoon this week while walking into a big box warehouse store, the shopping cart slowed down.

Row upon row of beautiful flowers lined the sidewalk in front of the store.


A deep pink/red rose bush in a pot just about screamed  out "Buy me, buy me."

Into the cart she went.

Then, a sea of periwinkle colored phlox made a glorious sight.

A pot of those also landed in the cart, next to the roses.

Both pots are now adorning the tiny strip of lawn in front of the apartment, near angel statues.

Flowers really do have power. They make people smile and feel happy. 

What a double gift that is!

WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE FLOWERS TO PLACE OUTDOORS?

2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Every winter here there's a house I pass in another neighborhood that always has roses which is certainly a very unexpected but delightful sight in the desert. Someone in my neighborhood tossed out stalks of dried up hollyhock so I grabbed some of the seeds, hoping I can plant them later in the year. I have vinca in pots in our parking area that are currently doing well, but it was in the 90's today, so summer is here and it's only going to get much, much, much hotter.

diane stetson said...

I do not have a green thumb. The flowers I have outside are always the same as they come up every year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails