Thursday, May 9, 2024

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall

Just the other day, in a YouTube video, the subject came up of mirrors in one's home decor.

It cautioned to use them sparingly because visitors often feel uncomfortable when seeing many mirrors in someone's place.

It's okay if you disagree with that. 

I certainly do, because to me, mirrors are classy and bring in light. 

Even in a small apartment, mirrors can make a big difference.

The one seen at the top of this post was advertised for $15 on Facebook Marketplace. 

It took a bit of a ride to get to it, but it was worth it.  

It perks up the wall behind my reclining chair.  

I love it. 

TELL US YOUR OPINION OF MIRRORS IN DECORATING. A FEW OR MANY?

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

That makes sense what you saw on the video that one shouldn't have too many mirrors, as it might make guests feel a bit uncomfortable when they glance in every direction and there is a mirror, but I think a couple mirrors in the home is a nice idea. I don't have any, and have been wanting to get one. I really like yours, Susan. It's so charming. And I think it may open up the space of a small home and make it look bigger.

~Sheri

diane stetson said...

I have one mirror in my front hallway. The others are in the bathrooms and bedrooms. Love yours and in a small space they can make it look much bigger.

Shug said...

This is a beautiful mirror.. I have several mirrors hanging in our home. I think they add so much character especially with all of the decorative mirrors on the market today. In our main living area, I have 3 hanging on the wall and one above the fireplace. None of them face each other directly and I always get compliments on how they are arranged. Happy Mother's Day weekend...

Related Posts with Thumbnails