Saturday, June 15, 2024

Grandma's Flowers

  


Some memories from childhood last forever.

One of them, for me, is sniffing the gorgeous peonies my paternal grandmother grew in her back yard.

They came in several different colors. 

The ones I remember most clearly are deep cranberry, light pink, and pearly white.

 

The scent of those glorious flowers can fill a room.

Grandma's peonies, however, became ant hotels. 

It was impossible to bring them inside to enjoy in vases.

 Not so the spectacular pink peonies from my daughter's garden.

She gifted me with a stunning bouquet of pink peonies plus other flowers.

Thankfully, not a single ant has ventured outside of the gorgeous layer upon layer of blooms.

 

Their fragrance, too, fills a room.

What incredible gifts of nature they are.

Of course, the fact that pink is my favorite color, adds to the enjoyment.

My daughter's great grandmother would be so proud of my daughter's green thumb!

DO YOU GROW PEONIES?

3 comments:

Shug said...

This kind of memory is so special. Beautiful peonies bringing sweet thoughts of your paternal grandmother. It truly is the small things that allow us to enjoy the precious memories.

diane stetson said...

I love peonies but not the bugs that come with them. They look so pretty. Enjoy them.

Brenda Leyland @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Oooooo these are gorgeous, Suan! I love peonies. And how lovely to have that memory of you smelling the peonies in your grandmother's garden. Yes, we grow some in our garden. We have a Sarah Bernhardt that we're waiting to bloom. Our other peonies (in deep rose colour) are loaded with buds so in a few days they'll start popping out. Wishing you a beautiful day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails