Thursday, July 11, 2024

Fun Day Trip Shopping Thrift Stores!

 


A fun trip, for many people, at any time is perusing thrift stores in a new town.

It's even more fun in summer when everyone is going here, there, and everywhere on excursions.




A day trip is a perfect use of time, of a way to have fun, and not spend too long away from home.

There are no fees for overnight accommodations because one is home by evening. 

Two of my sisters and I went to Connecticut recently to explore a new to us thrift shop in Simsbury as well as a Saver's thrift shop in Newington.

Since moving into a small apartment, thrift shop purchases really have to be very limited because there is no storage.

However, some things that are useful are good to purchase. Found in one thrift store on the excursion were tins for sending cookies.

There were two adorable tops, too, from Talbot's and Catherine's.

Now here comes an admission of guilt.  Despite having a vast collection of costume jewelry of all kinds, it is almost impossible to avoid buying more.


Found were a beautiful white necklace that looks like pieces of sea shells, a bright colored bead necklace, and a darling pair of red heart earrings with a tiny rose at the top of each heart.



Plus, at the Saver's location we drove to, Tuesdays are "seniors" day so every purchase happens to be 30 percent off.

That excursion to go thrifting will definitely go down as one of this summer's highlights.

WOULD YOU CONSIDER TELLING US ONE THING YOU DO THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY IN THE SUMMER?

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I actually gave away three things to the antique store today. That always gives me an excuse to browse and find something special for myself, although I didn't find anything today. I'm pretty picky these days about what comes home with me. But I love shopping at the thrift store, and it's always a delight to see what you found there. That shell necklace is unique and pretty, and it looks Summery too. Red roses and hearts.....those earrings are pretty. Thanks for sharing your thrift store finds, Susan. It always puts a smile on our faces when we find just the right item. I saw some furry slippers in a blush color at Target this week, and had to buy them. ; )

~Sheri

Shug said...

You picked up some really nice pieces. I've shopped many antique stores, but I really haven't shopped a lot of the thrift stores. There is a thrift shop near us and it is ALWAYS crowded. I think this is the reason I never go. I need to stop in and see if I can find some good bargains. and hey...30% off is a really good deal.

diane stetson said...

I'm not a shopper but going to a lovely place by the ocean and sitting on a bench looking at the waves makes me smile. So glad you found something you liked and bought on your excursion.

Related Posts with Thumbnails