Monday, July 8, 2024

Yummy Summer Salad




Summer is the perfect time for salads as there are so many fresh fruits and vegetables.

So far, the salad in today's post has been my fave.


 

     It consists of romaine lettuce, dried cranberries, pecans, chunks of blue cheese, croutons, and today, fresh raspberries, all drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. 

 It is just a wonderful salad. 

It adapts perfectly to changes in fruits and veggies, too, plus any leftovers from meals out.

Luckily, I saved a portion of filet Mignon from a dinner for a sister's birthday on Sunday.

That got sliced and added today to the salad, making it even yummier. 

WHAT DOES YOUR FAVORITE SUMMER SALAD CONSIST OF?

4 comments:

Shug said...

This salad looks healthy and it is a beauty as well.. I would have to leave off the blue cheese, but other than that, I love everything else about this fresh salad... Dried cranberries and pecans are two of my favorites.

diane stetson said...

My favorite salad when I eat out is a Cobb Salad. When I am at home I love any kind that I have the ingredients for. So glad you had a lovely one that you made.

Debbie Nolan said...

Susan this looks so good...healthy as well. My favorite salad is made with pasta, chicken, grapes and mandarin oranges and nuts. The dressing is a creamy one with whipping cream. Have not made it recently but seeing yours reminded me. Salads in the summer are so refreshing. Take care and have a great week. Hugs!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a delicious looks salad, Susan. Pecans make everything taste better. I put them in my oatmeal sometimes. It's such a creative salad too with the raspberries and cranberries and chunks of blue cheese.

I guess my favorite salad would be butter lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, hard boiled eggs, cheese, drizzled with ranch dressing. Oh, and if there's sunflower seeds, even better. ; )

Have a beautiful week, Susan.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails