Friday, July 19, 2024

Win a Few, Lose a Few

One of my worst purchases this summer is shown in this post.

I wanted to buy something to make a lovely fragrance in the bathroom.

While enjoying a walk through a Home Goods store, (the place that has everything wonderful that one does not need but wants), I saw the bottle and sticks.

They advertised as being very fragrant. (Not at all true.)

Unless a person sticks her nose within an eighth of an inch of the sticks, there is no discernable fragrance at all.

Maybe the product is old but it was found on a shelf with dozens of others, not in the clearance section.

It is so disappointing, especially since the cost came to $7.99 before taxes.

I'll give the perfumed oil and sticks another week and then they are getting tossed.

DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO USE TO MAKE A BATHROOM SMELL PRETTY? 

3 comments:

diane stetson said...

Sorry that your purchase didn't work out. I just use various sprays in the bathroom. I used to have a pot of potpourri but I don't have that anymore. Good luck finding something that works for you.

Shug said...

I am so sorry that this is not working the way it should. I use a vase with a paper flower in it. I pour a fragrance in the vase the the stem of the flower absorbs the fragrance . It smells so good and when it turns lighter in color, I just add more of the oil. I think it is called Amazing Grace.

Red Rose Alley said...

It might take a bit for the fragrance to settle in your bathroom. But if not, I would probably take it back if you have the receipt. But even if you don't, they may return it since there is no fragrance. Sorry you were disappointed with this shopping excursion. I love Home Goods, and always find something special there for the home.

~Sheri

Related Posts with Thumbnails